Home Heat Pumps
Make Temprite your Partner for Home Heat Pump Solutions
With over 35 years of experience in the heat pump and air conditioning industry, Temprite is your professional partner to help you find the perfect home heat pump solutions in Rotorua. You can give us a call or drop by our showroom to speak to our friendly team members to get professional advice on which heat pump or air conditioner best suits your needs and budget.
Explore Our Variety of Home Heat Pumps in Rotorua
Types of Heat Pump/Air Conditioners
Based in Rotorua, Temprite has extensive and diverse experience to provide you with a heating and cooling solution to suit your requirements.We offer a wide variety of home heat pumps/air conditioners as we understand that every home is unique with its unique needs. Our team has extensive experience in the installation of various heat pumps systems ranging from a simple high wall or floor console that heat and cool one room, to central heating and cooling ducted systems.
Explore Our Heat Pump Options
High Wall Heat Pump/Air Conditioning
- This indoor system is mounted at high level from the ground.
- It is connected to an outdoor unit often situated directly behind the indoor unit or the distance between the two can be up to 30m depending on the model of the heat pump is installed.
- This home heat pump system is designed provide space heating and cooling efficiently. It is easily operable with a handheld remote controller or by adding Wi-Fi to your heat pump.
- Most common installed type of heat pump/air conditioner.
Ceiling Cassette Heat Pump/Air Conditioning
- This pump is installed into the ceiling with 4-way directional vanes to distribute warm and cool air.
- Ceiling access is required to install a ceiling cassette heat pump.
- This pump type is for cooling and heating the space where it is installed.
This type of heat pump system is common in retail stores. However, these are also suitable for large areas and come with a ‘mini-cassette’ option for smaller areas.
Floor Mounted Heat Pump/Air Conditioning
- The floor-mounted heat pump is installed close to the ground, as the name implies
- This system offers a more discrete installation and at times, can be installed in the space where you once had an old inbuilt fire.
You can operate a floor mounted heat pump with an easy to use handheld remote controller or by adding Wi-Fi to your heat pump.
Ducted Heat Pump/Air Conditioning System
This type of system is more expensive than stand-alone individual systems. However, if you want a uniform temperature throughout your home, this is the system for you.
- This is a central home heat pump system positioned in the ceiling space that transfers air to different rooms of the house using insulated ducting and air outlet grills in the ceiling.
- They filter air through return grilles that are normally positioned in a central area of the home.
Our expert home consultant in Rotorua can discuss the varying types of heat pumps and recommend a system to suit your home and budget.
Accredited Installation of Home Heat Pumps in Rotorua
Our experts can carry out the installation of most small heat pumps in a day with as little disruption as possible. We only use high grade and durable materials for the installation of home heat pumps in Rotorua to ensure that it withstands the elements for years to come.
Professional, Yet Visually Pleasing Installation
Don’t be caught into thinking that you have a limited choice for positioning or location of your heat pump system. At Temprite, we often install heat pump indoor systems on internal walls or put in extra efforts to ensure outdoor units are positioned where they are less likely to have a visual impact on the exterior of your home.
If your outdoor heat pump requires installation in a garden or grass area, we provide concrete pavers to give the system a solid foundation to sit on. Our professionals then raise the unit on PVC mounting feet to provide clearance under the air conditioners’ outdoor unit. This helps in preventing premature corrosion of the base of the unit. External wall mounting is possible with the use of galvanised brackets or wall brackets.
Trained and Certified Team of Technicians in Rotorua
- Most of the technicians and experts in our installation team are either trade qualified Refrigeration Engineers or working towards their trade certificate.
- Only registered electricians carry out electrical work.
- On completion of your heat pump installation, the homeowner is provided with either an Electrical Certificate of Compliance or an Electrical Safety Certificate.
- Our Technicians have completed Refrigerant Fillers courses, which means that they are licensed to safely handle, remove, or add refrigerant to any heat pump or air conditioner.
Highly Cost-Effective Option for Home Heating
Heat pumps are the cheapest form of heating available. There are some excellent guidelines on the Energywise website on types of heaters. Check out the Energywise website here:
Book Our Free Home Visit & Recommendations
How Soon Can I Have My Heat Pump?
Once you accept your heat pump quote, your heating and cooling won’t be far away. We carry out installation generally within ten working days or discussed to suit your schedule.
Professional Ongoing Heat Pumps Maintenance & Repair Services in Rotorua
Ongoing Maintenance Services
Temprite can advise you on the basic maintenance tasks that you can undertake yourself to ensure your heat pump operates efficiently. These tasks may include keeping your air filter clean or if you prefer instead, we can take care of it and add you to our recurring service list.
Knowledgeable Heat Pumps Repair & Services
Temprite has trained heat pump technicians always prepared to carry out heat pump repairs in Rotorua and wider Bay of Plenty region. Once we visit your home to check the heat pump, we then provide you with a description of the fault or repair required along with the recommendation and costs associated.
Most reputable Heat Pump brands, including Panasonic, Mitsubishi Electric, and Daikin stock spare parts in New Zealand for heat pumps up to 10 years old. Typically, we arrange the delivery of these parts to Rotorua overnight so you can have your heating or cooling up and running as soon as possible.
Get in touch for instant maintenance and repair services.
Take Benefit of Government Subsidy for Warmer Kiwi Homes
Some homeowners in New Zealand may qualify for a government subsidy towards their heat pump through a Warmer Kiwi Homes grant.
Under the Warmer Kiwi Home grant, the grant covers some of the cost of a heat pump for the main living area. Some conditions apply so to see if you qualify, send Temprite an email and we can check and carry out the application process on your behalf.
Contact us to take the benefit of govt. subsidy.
Life Expectancy of Heat Pumps
In Rotorua, hydrogen sulphide can play a part in shortening the life expectancy of your heat pump, particularly in corrosive areas. When carrying out an in-home consultation, Temprite’s friendly sales team gives you advice regarding heat pump maintenance tasks to prolong life expectancy. We also discuss the application of sulphur corrosion protection before installing your heat pump in Rotorua.
Added Protection from Sulphur for Your Heat Pumps?
As Temprite has over 35 years of experience in the installation of heat pumps in Rotorua, we have proven and tested methods to encounter sulphur corrosion. Our heat pump Sulphur corrosion protection for Rotorua’s environment is one area not to cut costs on!
Heat Pumps Capacity & Sizing
Recommended Size of Heat Pumps for Small and large Space
Generally, the smallest size heat pump of around 3kW is suitable for the small bedroom, while most living rooms require a larger heat pump of around 6kW. Open plan living, dining, and kitchens typically require significantly larger sizes.
How Temprite Helps You Select an adequate Heat Pump Size?
If you fail to measure the exact size, you may face higher than expected power bills, temperature fluctuations in rooms, additional noise, or a heat pump that struggles to maintain adequate temperatures.During an in-home consultation, Temprite takes precise measurements of rooms to ensure the selection of the correct size heat pump for enhanced efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
How Does a Heat Pump Work?
Heating Process During Winters
- When heating, heat pumps move available heat from one place to another by way of a refrigeration cycle.
- The unit outside has a heat exchanger and fan.
- The outdoor unit absorbs heat energy in the atmosphere and transfers it to the home by way of refrigerant, which is pumped through the system by a compressor.
- The hot refrigerant is pumped through copper pipes to the indoor unit heat exchanger, where a fan passes the air across it warming the room.
Cooling Process During Summer
- In the summer season, the process reverses.
- The indoor unit’s heat exchanger absorbs heat energy from the indoor room air using a refrigerant as the heat transfer medium, cooling the room air.
- It then pumps back the refrigerant to the outdoor unit and ejects the heat energy into the air via the outdoor unit heat exchanger.
Or more simply put, just push the button on your remote controller, and in approximately 10 minutes, the heat pump starts producing warm or cold air.
Your Health & Safety Ensured
As a licensed and experienced heat pumps service provider in Rotorua, all our staff is trained to install heat pumps safely. Our licensed and trained technicians having Refrigerant Fillers & Handlers certificates perform higher-risk work, including all electrical work to work safely with refrigerants.